This site went a bit quiet during the 2nd half of 2011. I haven’t given up on DrumBurp – in fact, quite the opposite: I aim to release a new version in the next few days.
The new version has some big new features:
- Sound: this is the biggy, the thing that kept me busy for all this time.
- Audio feedback when adding notes to the score helps you get the right data entered up front.
- Playback of the score helps you to learn those tricky fills, and get a feel for the flow of the song.
- Play back the whole song, or just a selection of measures.
- Play once through, or on a loop.
- Playback follows repeats and alternate ending markers.
- Export the whole score to MIDI.
- Improved drum kits: edit the available note heads for each drum, and the sounds that they make.
- Multi-measure copy and paste.
I should be able to get it packaged up and released in the next day or two. Look out for more details here. I’m also working on writing some documentation on how to use DrumBurp: expect to see the User Manual section of this site grow over the next few weeks.