DrumBurp v1.0 is now available. To get DrumBurp, click one of the links below. DrumBurp is free!
DrumBurp should work on Macs too. You’ll need to download the source code below and install Python, PyQt and Pygame.
- Version 0.1 Initial release, May 3rd 2011.
- Version 0.2 Minor bug fixes, high resolution printing. Better handling of changed measure counts. Released June 12th, 2011.
- Version 0.3 Tidier interface, some persistence of display options with scores. Released September 3rd, 2011.
- Version 0.4 Everything about scores is persistent. A much more complete score editor. Released September 6th, 2011.
- Version 0.5 Added audio playback, multi-measure copy/paste, and advanced drum kit editing. Released February 20th 2012.
- Version 0.6 Improved interfaces for alternate repeat markings and inserting repeated notes. Released March 17th 2012.
- Version 0.7 Added Lilypond export. Released September 2nd 2012. Released September 2nd 2012.
- Version 0.8 Improved Lilypond export; 32nd notes; keyboard shortcuts for note heads. Released October 2nd 2012.
- Version 0.9 Added drum kit management – save & load kits, pre-installed default kits. Released October 28th 2012.
- Version 1.0 First full release! Loads of new features… Released February 14th 2016.
- DrumBurp v1.0 for Windows (64 bit)
- DrumBurp v1.0 for Windows (32 bit)
- DrumBurp v0.9 for Windows
- DrumBurp v0.8 for Windows
- DrumBurp v0.7 for Windows
- DrumBurp v0.6 for Windows
- DrumBurp v0.5 for Windows
- DrumBurp v0.4 for Windows
- DrumBurp v0.3 for Windows
- DrumBurp v0.2 for Windows
- DrumBurp v0.1 for Windows
- DrumBurp v1.0 source code
- DrumBurp v0.9 source code
- DrumBurp v0.8 source code
- DrumBurp v0.7 source code
- DrumBurp v0.6 source code
- DrumBurp v0.5 source code
- DrumBurp v0.4 source code
To run DrumBurp from source (after installing Python, PyQT and Pygame), unzip the downloaded file then run python on the DrumBurp.py file in the resulting src folder.
If you’re feeling particularly keen, you can grab the very latest source code from github. No guarantees that it will work though!